Why is nothing plugged into the AIO Pump pins on my mobo?

Options

Microcenter recently assembled my PC about six weeks ago. I've been experimenting with changing the fan speeds via the LConnect 3 software for my Lian Li Galahad ii Trinity performance AIO cooler. I noticed on the motherboard there is spot for the AIO plug but nothing is plugged into it. I have no control over the fan speeds and the software isn't even detecting I have fans. Should a plug be going from the AIO to the motherboard via the AIO Pump pins, or is it controlled another way? Here are my specs

Core i9-13900K

Asus Geforce RTX 4090

Tuf Gaming Asus Z790 plus wifi

32 gb ram 6000 mhz

Lian Li Galahad ii Trinity Performance 360 (AIO cooler)

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000W

Answers

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

@donmclarenson

Chances are the AIO is not connected to the board at all. This AIO has a PWM connector, but it also has direct power to the PSU via SATA. The AIO header is typically set to run full speed, you don't want to throttle the pump. Connecting it would just give you the RPM, but I believe you can pull this via USB on this cooler. Now the radiator fans should be on the CPU fan header, and you should be able to control those through ASUS Armoury Crate.

The LConnect 3 needs the USB cable connected to the 2.0 header to be able to gather any information. Check that, my preference would be to bypass it altogether. Radiator fans to CPU_FAN, pump PSU and AIO_Header. ARGB to the board, just use Armoury Crate to control everything.

• When you say the 2.0 header what exactly does that refer to? I'll check that with Armoury crate. Thanks for your explanation. Much appreciated.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

@donmclarenson

The USB 2.0 header on the board. Should be on the bottom of the motherboard. The cooler has a USB 2.0 cable that connects there and that's where the LConnect 3 software gets its data.

• Got it. Thanks a lot.

• Vaganza
    Vaganza ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Insightfuls 5 LOLs
    Options

Fan control on the Trinity is through the USB port, do you have L-Connect 3 installed?

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99