G472 wifi adapter issue Netwtw10

Options

I purchased a G472 PowerSpec back in may (I did purchase extended warranty). Just recently I started using the wifi. On startup I am receiving the following message "The description for Event ID 6062 from source Netwtw10 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.The following information was included with the event: \Device\NDMP26 Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz". When I try to play a online game, I have issues connecting and in the Window error log I receive error's,

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz : Has encountered an internal error and has failed.

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly. The wifi adapter driver version is 22.160.0.4 . I did try to update the driver, but all it did was change to Netwtw12 in the error message. I hope i can get a fix for this. Thanks!

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

@nathanlane

Are there any other 6062 events happening near the same time as this? What's the model of the router that you're using?

• nathanlane
    Options

the router model is AT@T's Arris BGW210. I don't see any other 6062 events other than this one.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@nathanlane

Thanks for the information. First, lets get on the same driver. This is the latest driver we've tested and should be coming down via Windows Update in the next few weeks. You can get it from MSI: https://download.msi.com/dvr_exe/mb/intel_wifi_driver_W11.zip

Second, lets rule out some issues with power saving and limit what the card has to figure out when it connects. I'm pretty sure that model is AC only. Lets do the following.

1. Right click Start and open Device Manager.
    2. Under Network Adapters, double click the Intel AX211.
    3. Select the Advanced tab.
    4. 802.11n/ac/ax Wireless Mode - Change to 3. 802.11ac
    5. MIMO Power Save Mode - Change to No SMPS.
    6. Click Ok.

Let me know if that has any effect.

• nathanlane
    Options

how do I install the driver? I extracted the .zip file but not sure what to do after that?

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@nathanlane

intel_wifi_driver_W11.zip\Intel WIFI Driver\UWD\Win64\Installer\WirelessSetup.exe

• nathanlane
    Options

ok, now updated to 22.250.1.2. I made the two changes to the adapter that you recommended. i received the following messsage. The description for Event ID 6062 from source Netwtw12 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

\Device\NDMP1

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz

The description for Event ID 5007 from source Netwtw12 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

\Device\NDMP1

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz : Has encountered an internal error and has failed. Event ID 5005

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly. Event ID 5002

The description for Event ID 7018 from source Netwtw12 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

I was able to connect to a online game, but still getting those messages

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@nathanlane

Is it happening multiple times when the PC is running now or just when you start the computer? Please game on it for a while and let me know if you have any disconnect issues.

• nathanlane
    Options

ok, i tried to get back into the games and it stopped working again. .And then the wifi adapter dropped connection and the only way to reconnect was restart the PC. It was having issues with DNS, I then changed the DNS to googles instead of ATT and it said had poor connection. But the wifi signal is strong .The warning happens on the initial connection on sign in. The errors happen when trying to connect to online games.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@nathanlane

Next time this happens, go into Device Manager and check the device under Network Controllers. If there's a bang on it, check the error code in the properties. Are there any issues with the antennas on the rear of the unit? Does the SMA connector look bent or anything odd like that?

• nathanlane
    Options

ok, happened again. wifi went disconnected. I didn't see any error code in the properties and wifi connected back up. I checked the antennas and they look ok to me.

• nathanlane
    Options

Should I take this back to Micro Center and have them look into it?

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@nathanlane

You certainly can bring it in for warranty service. It would be interesting to see if the same issue occurs on a different AP.

• nathanlane
    Options

i just tested it on a mobile hotspot and received the same messages when it connects.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    edited October 2023
    Options

@nathanlane

Are they the AP's connecting via 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz?

Edit: One other thing I'd like to test. If you remove the antennas, are you able to connect to the WIFI? And if so does the problem remain?

• nathanlane
    Options
    Problem remains,  just a weaker signal without antennas. Home wifi is 5ghz. Hotspot was a 5g mobile connection.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@nathanlane

Rules out a bad antenna and a compatibility issue with the gateway. I'd try to killing power saving to the WIFI card entirely. From Device Manager select the card. On the Power Management tab, uncheck the first box. If there's no change, go back in, this time to drivers. Update Driver - Browse my Computer for drivers - Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer - Select the one with (Microsoft) at the end and hit next. Lets see what the inbox driver does.

• nathanlane
    Options

sorry I haven't responded back sooner, I did make the change to the power saving as suggested. Right now online games are working without creating errors with the wifi adapter. I still get warning messages when the PC makes its initial connection to the gateway. I am hoping that is the fix. If I see it again I will repost. Thanks for your help.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@nathanlane

The initial error when connecting at startup is pretty typical, I wouldn't worry about that. It does sound like a power saving bug we can look into. What WIFI driver version are you on?

• nathanlane
    Options
    22.250.1.2, the one you had me update to.
  • PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@nathanlane

I sent you 22.230.x.x. Looks like Intel is pushing 22.250.1.2 as an automatic update for all these cards. I'll look into it.

• not sure if I need to open a new one but all of a sudden I started to have the same issue. I am still on 22.250.1.2 driver. Every time I try to play a game again on wifi the card stops working like last time. Power management is unchecked still. Not sure what changed for it to stop working again.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@nathanlane

Try:

1. Windows + R, type: powercfg.cpl
    2. Change Plan Settings on active plan.
    3. PCI Express - Link State Power Management = Off.

Still sounds like a power saving issue, but maybe it's further up the chain.

• i set the PCI Express - Link State Power Management = Off and it still had the same issue

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@nathanlane

I think it's time for warranty service then. I'd bring it and see if service can replicate it and we'll take it from there.

• Manbatcow
    Options
    I can't post to the forum, so I'm commenting on a recently active thread. 

I just bought a Powerspec B735 just 4 days ago. It runs beautifully but there is just one potential problem I'm worried about; the other day i got a blue screen with error message telling me that my PC encountered a problem and is restarting. I couldn't read the rest of the message as it shut down and rebooted very fast. This happened just two days after setting up the computer, it's been two more days so far and it hasn't recurred, yet.

I'm very worried there could be a serious issue with the computer that will get worse with time. The only thing I had downloaded and installed was Google Chrome, with ~8 extensions, and QBitTorrent (but had not used it to downloaded anything by that time).

I'm connected via WIFI, and have a Vizio sound bar connected via Bluetooth, and an ancient (2008) samsung LCD TV va HDMI. I'm using the mouse and keyboard that came with the computer. -I used a Verbatim encrypted USB drive (with its own software and probably driver) to access some files around them, but can't recall if before or after- Nothing else was installed, connected or downloaded by that time. This computer is -not- refurbished.

Microcenter's return policy isn't very friendly anymore. So the clock is ticking on my window of opportunity to return this computer. I'm just wondering if anybody else here owns this Power spec model or a similar one, and has experienced this issue so soon after getting it, or has any insights or advice.

Could someone pls help? :( I may be worrying too much, and i know i haven't provided much info, but for the amount of money I spent, I'm just a bit apprehensive.

Sorry/thank you
    Jason
  • PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@Manbatcow

Run this and post a screenshot: https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/bluescreenview-x64.zip

Should show the BSOD and tell us more about the error. I would be concerned about a BSOD unless there was direct causation for it. Such as, running a certain program that caused the BSOD. Lets see what that tells us then we can provide more advice on nailing down any potential issues.

• Manbatcow
    Options

Ok, here you go. Is there anything else I should do?

Thank you.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@Manbatcow

It's a pretty vague error. WHEA_Uncorrectable, usually an error on the CPU or PCIe bus. It does potentially indicate a hardware problem, more so than an instability issue. Though the latter is still possible. It's only one BSOD, it's not a lot of information to make a conclusion on. Do you recall what you were doing on the PC when you saw the BSOD?

• Manbatcow
    Manbatcow
    First Comment
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Yeah I figured not much could be gleaned from that. I really appreciate the info and help you've given me with this though. But could you explain to me what instability issues are? And I believe I was browsing farcebook via Chrome at the time. Not 100% sure though, i want too worried at first, but my concern kept growing after

Thanks again
  • PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@Manbatcow

Just random crashes in general. We can exchange it if you want to be safe. Either way you do have the one year manufacturers warranty, we'll take care of it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99