First go at building Premier, AE , Blender workstation

Options

I've been all over reddit and youtube looking for advice. Microcenter looks like the way to go since I'm 45 miles from a brick and mortar, and can't afford the massive markup from Puget Systems. I don't care about gaming or RGB lights, or the looks and size of the tower. Here's my build (can't include a link for some reason):

Core i9-13900K Raptor Lake 3.0GHz Twenty Four-Core LGA 1700.

ASUS Z790-Creator ProArt WiFi Intel LGA 1700 ATX 

Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Ti Windforce Overclocked Triple Fan 12GB GDDR6X PCIe 4.0 Graphics Card

Crucial P3 Plus 1TB 3D NAND Flash PCIe Gen 4 x4 NVMe M.2 Internal SSD x 2

Corsair Vengeance 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR5-5200 PC5-41600 CL40 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit

Noctua NH-D15 Black CPU Cooler

Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM SSO2 Bearing 120mm Case Fan

Fractal Design Meshify 2 Black ATX Flexible Light Tinted Tempered Glass Window Mid Tower Computer Case

$2,437.90

Any advice is very much appreciated!

Answers

• TSKevinG
    Options

Good afternoon @Condor_Jay

Thank you for contacting micro center. I have sent a e-mail directly to you in regards to the computer recommnedation.

• zools
    Options

You said a couple applications, but how big is the workload going to be? is this professional work, hobby work, etc. also if you have a certain budget in mind that could help aswell, of course ill try to keep the price as low as possible while still reaching the performance goals.

• Condor_Jay
    Options

Professional, mostly 4k informercial work. In addition to editing, I create motion graphics in AE that range from simple logo animation to more complex 2.5 D scene building. I would like to start incorporating some Blender. My budget is $2500. I also like to create short films in my spare time, but that's not a priority.

• zools
    Options

Based on this i think the 13900k bundle with the msi 790 mag tomahawk + 32gb of ram would be great. adding another set of the ram to reach 64gb is gonna be a good choice so thats another $95, at this point the total is $895, now adding an ssd is important and since you're working with some big files i think a pcie gen 4 fast ssd is a good idea, so i recommend the mushkin vortex redline, its currently on newegg for $75. it also has a dram cache but its not as big as something like the 980/990pro 2tb. the total comes up to $970 now. you can get a 4070ti for $800 from microcenter so now its gonna be $1770. i recommend using a 360mm aio cooler instead of an air cooler for the 13900k but if you do need to use an air cooler i think the phantom spirit 120 is a great choice, it performs very very similarly to the nh-d15 but its only $40 which is a huge +, that puts us at $1809 now. the lian li 216 from microcenter for $100 is a great deal so i think that would be great, now at $1909, now adding a thermaltake gf3 a3 TT 1050w gold from amazon for $140. so we end at $2050, so you actually have enough left over budget to go up to a 4080 instead if you would prefer that. id add links but im not entirely sure of the rules on microcenter community yet so im going to leave those out.

• Shoan041
    Shoan041 ✭✭✭✭
    5 Awesomes 5 Likes 5 Insightfuls First Anniversary
    Options

Your build needs a Power supply. I recommend the Corsair RM850x Shift or 1000w version.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99