I need help with PC parts

Options

I am a first time PC builder and need help choosing parts for a mid end computer, around $1000-$1200. My main usage would be gaming, mostly games like Minecraft and Fortnite. I am not looking for anything fancy, just typical specs, 16-32GB of DDR4 ram is great, any CPU or GPU or motherboard is fine, but I would prefer an Nvidia GPU, an intel CPU, and for the motherboard to have built in wifi capabilities. These do not need to be met just highly requested. I also would like for it to be easily upgradable. Any advice or recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Best Answers

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

So, when you say "easily upgradeable" what did you have in mind? Intel switches the CPU socket with almost every generation. Graphics cards can be easily swapped for a new model though.

Do you need all the misc parts like a monitor and a keyboard and mouse, etc? Or just the PC in a case? Because it will be kinda hard to fit a decent monitor in and keep it under 1,200. If you already have a monitor, what resolution is it (1080p, 1440p, etc)?

Just to get a starting idea, what about something like this: https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder-intel.aspx?load=f59b459c-cc84-485e-b3ca-d160ec29fc4f

That's an i5 with a 4060 for 1000 and it would totally crush Minecraft and Fortnite. I have no idea what kind of case you like, so I picked the kind I like. I also didn't pick a CPU cooler because that one comes with a "meh" one that can definitely be upgraded but your choice. Finally, I don't know how much SSD space you need but that Crucial P5 2TB is a really great sale price right now.

• Zuua
    Zuua ✭✭
    First Answer Name Dropper Community Champion 5 Likes
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you're looking for the CPU socket staying consistent across generations, you might want to look at the AMD AM5 boards because that socket will be supported until at least 2026, but unfortunately since it is the newest generation the budget friendly options are limited.

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

OK, well, that motherboard I picked should also take 13xxx CPUs, and I picked the lowest cost 12xxx that Microcenter carries. Probably in a year and a half you can get the top end 13xxx one as an upgrade.

Answers

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99