trying to build quest 2 vr budget gamer using quest link. i only play puzzle games

Options

dont need a heavyweight gamer. price and integration with quest 2 google is most important

Comments

• here is my potential build:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Vermeer 3.7GHz 6-Core AM4 Boxed Processor - Wraith Stealth Cooler Included

MSI B550M-VC Pro WiFi AMD AM4 microATX Motherboard

G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 CL16 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit F4-3200C16D-32G - Black

Zotac NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Twin Edge Overclocked Dual Fan 8GB GDDR6 PCIe 4.0 Graphics Card

Samsung 990 PRO 1TB Samsung V NAND 3-bit MLC PCIe Gen 4 x4 NVMe M.2 Internal SSD

Lian Li Lancool 205 Mesh Type C Tempered Glass ATX Mid-Tower Computer Case - Black

Corsair RM850 850 Watt 80 Plus Gold ATX Fully Modular Power Supply - White

Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit FPP USB - English

• zools
    Options

I actually play a lot of games with my quest 2 using a wireless link to my pc instead of a wired, but it should have the same hardware requirements. i think the best option would be to use microcenters 5600x3d + mobo + ram combo for $300 and then an rx 6650xt for ~$230 and then an 1tb ssd could be around $35, no need to get something like a samsung 990 for basic gaming. the 205 mesh would work great already for this list and the rm850 would be overkill but it would work for this and allow future upgradability. radeon is usually said to be bad for vr, personally i havent experienced this with my old rx 5700 but maybe it does? if u would prefer nvidia id recommend going to the 3060 instead of the 3050, its much more powerful and the 3050 does struggle in some vr games. im not entirely sure exactly what your budget was but i hope this gets close to it. this whole build would be around ~$800-$850

• Luis_S
    Options

Thats a very solid build I must say, I also adree with the post above me on the GPUs, definitely pick the 3060 over the 3050. Youll get much better performance in that area.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99