Can/Should I Upgrade My PC or Just Get a New Custom Build?

Options

Hello. I just want to ask if my PC would be able to get a decent upgrade? It's a HP Pavilion 690-0034 gaming desktop. I know my monitor is an old dinosaur an HP 2009m that I got from a pawn shop years ago.

My specs are:

Device name   DESKTOP-O1U976T

Processor   AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core Processor            3.20 GHz

Installed RAM   16.0 GB

Device ID   FBFA5045-71A5-41A2-85E5-51E098723763

Product ID   00325-96462-56120-AAOEM

System type   64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch   No pen or touch input is available for this display

GPU 0

Radeon(TM) RX 580

If anyone is able to help I thank you in advance!

Best Answer

• Hockey31
    Hockey31 ✭✭
    First Answer First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Depending on your budget you could just flash the bios on your motherboard and upgrade to 5600 or 5700. I would also suggest a new gpu. For under 200 I would sugest the amd 6600. For under 300 I would suggest the 6700 or 7600. And a if you want nvidia the 3050 and 3060 are both good options. If you want a new pc I would suggest researching based on your budget. For around 500 you can build a solid pc with a 5500 and a 6600 gpu. If you want over one 500 or the intel route( which I know much less of) I would suggest watching a YouTube video from techsourse or ztt. They both have very good and astetic builds.

Answers

• Zuua
    Options

What are you looking to use the PC for, general web surfing or gaming?

If you're looking to game you've got a couple options, look to update your BIOS and upgrade the CPU to a 5000 series Ryzen, or going for a full new build would also workout for you as well.

• I'm more of a casual gamer but I would like a PC that can run farming sims and not have it struggling to do so. Currently playing My Time at Sandrock right now and sometimes this thing sounds like it's ready to take off 😄

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99