Help with a first time builder.

Options

Hello all, first time PC builder here

My current setup is a 2019 Zenbook Pro Duo 4k laptop i7-950H with a 2060

I basically want this new setup to last me 3-4 years while remaining competent enough to run most games at 1440p (I won't have a 4k monitor so no reason for that) and around 60-140fps. I will likely use it to web browse but my laptop will remain my work computer for multitasking. This setup cost does not include the cost of a monitor or keyboard/mouse.

I understand new games make predicting the future of a setup impossible, but based on what this build is, do you think it's a substantial enough upgrade and competitive enough to last that amount of time without needing upgrades?

I've been told the jump up from 7700x to 7800x3d is not worth the 300 dollars or so I'm saving by using the 7700x bundle.

Lastly, I intend to wait for Black Friday/Cyber Monday for the best deals. If there is anything here that is way too overkill let me know (I'm fine with some overkill for the future). The listed prices for the CPU, Mobo, and Memory are due to a 399.99 bundle on Microcenter.

P.S. I am undecided on the PC Case, I love the look of the Fractal North but have heard its pretty loud? Any recommendations?

Thanks, i greatly appreciate it.

Type|Item|Price

:----|:----|:----

**CPU** | [AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 4.5 GHz 8-Core Processor]| $399.99 

**CPU Cooler** | [be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler]$52.89 

**Motherboard** | [MSI PRO B650-P WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard] | $0.00 

**Memory** | [G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL36 Memory]| $0.00 

**Storage** | [Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive]| $119.99 @ Adorama 

**Video Card** | [XFX Speedster MERC 310 Black Edition Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24 GB Video Card]| $939.99 @ Newegg 

**Case** | [Lian Li LANCOOL 216 ATX Mid Tower Case]| $94.99 @ Newegg Sellers 

OR FRACTAL NORTH

**Power Supply** | [EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 GT 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply]| $159.99 @ Amazon 

**Operating System** | [Microsoft Windows 11 Home OEM - DVD 64-bit]| $0.00 ALREADY OWN

| *Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts* |

| **Total** | **$1787.84**

Comments

• zools
    zools ✭✭
    First Answer First Comment Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited November 2023
    Options

Couple changes i would make

1. The cpu cooler is great but there are better options for less, such as the phantom spirit 120. about $38 iirc
    2. The PSU is great but its not needed, a good 850w like the rm850x, cooler master mwe gold 850 v2 will also work. no need to spend that much on a psu for this list.
    3. I would probably change to something like sn770, its currently 86.80 so a very good price for this drive. for specifically gaming tasks it is also faster then the 980 pro.
    4. and just to clarify, depending on the games you're playing the 7800x3d could have no affect or it could absolutely crush the 7700x. it is the overall best gaming cpu available currently (7950x3d is better with some tweaking but not by default)

Overall the list is really good, i just would save some money in those areas i listed. id include sources but im not sure of microcenters policies on using links.

• Zuua
    Options

As a user of the Fractal North, I've got the black mesh version. The aesthetics of the case are really nice with a clean look the wood on the front makes a great accent that is not on any other case widely available.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99