USB ports at front of PowerSpec G443

Options

Hello all:

I just bought the PowerSpec G443 yesterday and noticed that only on of the USB port in the front of the case where the power is located is active at a time; when I plug in another device to the second USB, the first one becomes inactive. Is it normal? I have this problem with previous PowerSpec as well.

Can anyone help?

Thank you in advance

Answers

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

@Remois

I would not consider this normal. Both ports work, but only one at a time. Does this happen with every USB device you connect on the front ports?

• Remois
    Options

Yes, I tried 3 different USB devices. It is not a problem for me now, because I have a USB HUB which is connected to a USB port in the back of the case. It is just for muy curiosity. Thank you for answering my post

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

@Remois

I've seen issues with this board with a random Logitech headset, but it just appeared to be that one headset. Seemed to be a power limit issue. If the USB hub you have is powered, you might try connecting it to the front and see if the problem still exists. I connected two flash drives to the front of ours and it worked fine. Could be a faulty module on the case itself.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99