How to Get the Latest Must-Have Lenovo Legion Go Drivers

Options
MicroCenterOfficial
edited January 2 in Software

By Dan Ackerman

Having tested and/or reviewed every new handheld PC gaming device from the original Steam Deck to the new Lenovo Legion Go, I know these devices are constantly evolving via software updates. 

For example, the Steam Deck experience has improved immeasurably over the past nearly two years thanks to a steady stream OS updates that have improved both UI and performance. Likewise, the new Lenovo Legion Go has had a few rounds of software updates for its Legion Space gaming app, but installing the correct GPU drivers can make a huge difference in overall performance.

Read more: Boost Lenovo Legion Go Performance with These 3 Tips

While these are not brand-new drivers for the custom AMD Ryzen Z1 Extreme APU inside, there's a good chance your Legion Go (like mine) shipped with outdated drivers. To update your drivers, open the Go's web browser and go to the link below.

Get the latest Lenovo Legion Go drivers here

Then simply download and install the package. The process should only take a few minutes, and may reboot the system along the way. 

I noticed an immediate improvement in games. I was finally able to play Starfield, downloaded via the Xbox Game Pass PC app. Previously, the game gave me an out-of-date driver message, crashed on launch, or stuttered along at a few frames per second before crashing. 

Now, with the system's resolution screen dropped to 1,900x,1,200 and most graphics options set to low, I was getting stable frame rates around 30 fps. Since playing Starfield on a Steam Deck requires you to stream it from the cloud, easily downloading and playing the latest Bethesda RPG was one of the main reasons I was looking forward to the Lenovo Legion Go. 

Your Legion Go may already have these latest drivers, and new software updates are expected in December, but it never hurts to check. 

See the Lenovo Legion Go at Micro Center

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99