Would you recommend buying one of the Refurbished computers at Microcenter

Options

...It's for my son, he is 11 and this would be his first desktop computer, looking for an i5 processor, and 8 to 16GB in RAM...

just looking for your opinion on the refurbished computers...not gonna die on me after 6 months, right?

-Morfox

Comments

• Ian
    Options

Greetings,

For refurbished systems, you can consider them quite similar to a new system, these products have been refurbished to original factory specifications or better by the original manufacturer or their designated manufacturing facility. The product is fully tested by component. Any electronic hardware not passing diagnostic testing is replaced. The product must pass normal manufacturer testing before being repackaged for sale. Certified Refurbished products come fully backed with a limited warranty typically backed by the original manufacturer and can also be promptly facilitated at the Micro Center Store within this warranty timeframe. You can also look into adding an extended warranty with us if you do buy a new or refurbished system as well for additional coverage!

• TreBouncee
    Options

Depending on your sons interest it may not be too different a price for the new machines. Its easier to assess what the machine will be used for and go from there.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99