MSI Pro B650-P wifi memory issues not booting

Options

I bought the AMD 7700x/Gkill memory/MSI PRO B650-P wifi.

I Put the parts together, booted and screen never came on. MOBO manual says to start with B2 memory slot. Done.

Spent 3 nights/11 hours swapping memory, bios updates, with and without the 4070ti, OC tweek and reset CMOS

FIX:::

AMD AM5 chipset on post will check the GPU, CPU, Memory.

It checks the hardware and tests each item, GPU and CPU are quick, gets to memory and stays green on MOBO.

It is verifying and running checks on the memory, memory scans, takes 10-15min

I added both 16gb memory chips, B1+B2, added the 4070ti, booted pc and left on for 20 minutes

came back in and it was booted up and sees all 32gb ram, tested shut down, reboot, powered off and unplugged PSU, different gpu ports.

ANSWER::: All good.

Build up with parts and leave on for 20 min...

thats it....Welcome to new technology.. been an mcse since 1998, no spot for my AT keyboard, this stinks. lol

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

@pc2fix

That's an extremely long training time. I have a lot of experience with this board. Is this only happening on when it trains initially, or this happening on warm boots now?

• pc2fix
    Options

Maybe the 1 chip was trained but when I added the 2nd 16gb chip. Took about 10 min or 2 cigarettes

But the am5 you NEED to train the memory to the mobo?

Every microcenter tech needs to tell the customer

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

@pc2fix

You do, and with MSI boards, generally if you change the RAM settings, they're going to reset CMOS and give you a warning. Which is actually better than boards that will let you add additional RAM without having it retrain. And from time to time it will retrain on startup depending on the MRC setting, this typically takes about 40 seconds.

However, 10 minutes is highly irregular. That almost seems like a warm boot issue where it hangs for a long time after it reboots during training.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99