Ram upgrade now my pc won't boot

Options

I had my pc built 5 years ago and I decided to upgrade the existing two 8gb ram sticks by adding two more. I bought the exact some ram and put them in the other two slots and now my pc won't boot up. I individually tested each ram stick in slot 1 to make sure they all work. When I first got my pc 5 years ago the ram was installed in the first two slots which I thought was weird but it has worked since. I checked my bios to see if their was something up with last two slots however I did not find anything. I believe their is something wrong with my motherboard. My motherboard is an ASUS STRIX Z270E and the ram I am using is Corsiar CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 DDR4. Is there something I am missing? Thanks

Answers

• Vaganza
    Vaganza ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Insightfuls 5 LOLs
    Options

See if setting BIOS to optimized defaults helps in case there is some timings set that it doesn't like. Not likely on a board that old, you may want to see if there is a Bios update that might help as well

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

@GarrettRosalies

You'll see Revision number on the Corsair RAM. It may be the exact same model, but they'll make significant changes over the life of a product. List the exact model, the rev on each stick and try to look at the RAM sticks for anything that's an obvious issue. Like is one kit single sided and other is double sided? Let me know what you have and see and we'll see what we can recommend.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99