Certified Refurbished Mac Product - Warranty Not Valid, No Applecare+ Option

Options
dxfan227
dxfan227
edited December 2023 in General Discussion

I was recently sold a "Certified Apple Refurbished" MacBook Pro in store at microcenter. The sales associate told me that these are "just as good as new" and "straight from apple." I was also told " It comes with the standard 1 year factory warranty and I could choose to add AppleCare+ or The Microcenter version extended warranty protection as well. I would have 60 days from purchase to add apple care+ or anytime within the return window to add Microcenter Plan. "I declined both until I had a chance to review the pro's/con's of each plan.

My receipt shows 1 year warranty.

The box was factory sealed, and embossed on the front " Apple Certified Refurbished" .

Set up the machine and saw that the 1 year warranty listed in the settings, only had about 4 months left and that AppleCare+ was not available due to expiring period. I called apple and they said, and I quote.

"While Microcenter may be an authorized reseller of our new products, this refurbished machine was not sold to microcenter for resale, therefore is not eligible for the 1 year warranty or Applecare+." I gave them the story of my in store experience, uploaded my reciept and got the same response......

What are my options here? This has pretty much ruined X-mas, I feel like I was misled by both the web-listing & and the sales associate. Now I have no way to get a comparable product that is actually under warranty unless I spend another +400 on a "new" product.

Comments

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99