PowerSpec PS 850SFXG Custom Cables

Options

I am trying to find out the cabling setup for this PSU. I was told this is a Seasonic rebrand and am wondering if that means Seasonic cabling will work in this PSU? Are any of the major brands cabling compatible or will I need a full custom set specifically for this PSU?

Answers

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

@Mopar63

I'll look into it this week and see what information I can provide.

• ronwoodson
    ronwoodson Store Associate
    5 Awesomes First Answer 5 Likes First Anniversary
    Options

So, I did a bit of digging around, and it turns out that the PowerSpec PS 850SFXG power supply is actually a rebranded Seasonic unit. This basically means that if you're looking to get cables for this power supply, you should be good to go with Seasonic ones.

Now, here's a crucial bit of advice: using modular cables from different brands can be a bit like playing with fire. Why? Well, the pinouts might not match up, and that mismatch can lead to some not-so-great situations for your components. It's always better to play it safe and double-check compatibility first.

I came across an interesting point where someone was told by Micro Center support that any modular PCIe cable would work. However, that's not the safest route to take. Using incompatible cables can be pretty risky and might even damage your system.

As for official PowerSpec modular cables, it seems like they don't really have their own line. Only the power supply is listed. So, your best option would definitely be to stick with Seasonic cables.

There's been quite a bit of chatter on Reddit about the PowerSpec SFX units being Seasonic rebrands. A lot of people are crossing their fingers that Seasonic cables would work, but there isn't a 100% confirmation on this.

In a nutshell, I'd say stick with Seasonic cables for your PowerSpec PS 850SFXG. It's the safest bet. Trying out cables from other brands could work, but only if you're absolutely sure the pinouts are a perfect match. Hope this helps, and feel free to hit me up if you have any more questions!

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99