Recently purchased Powerspec G906, sudden out-of-the-blue RGB rainbow LED cycling issues

Options

Hi. 

Recently purchased a Powerspec G906 from Microcenter in Dallas. Awesome machine, no issues with setup and has been running like a dream. When I first got it, I installed Razer Synapse and was able to set my LEDs to a nice static blue. A few months have gone by and this morning when I woke up yesterday, the LEDs were cycling a terrible rainbow pattern. Synapse can no longer connect to ASROCK, and even going into the BIOS and telling it to turn off the LEDs does not work. It's so bright I am having to throw a blanket over the computer. I'm not sure what else I can do. Something apparently bad has happened and now I cannot turn off the RGB LEDs. It's basically a brand new box too.

Things I've tried:

Rebooting

Shutting system down

Shutting system down and unplugging for 10 minutes

Reinstalling Synapse

Turning off the RGB LEDs via the Advanced Settings in the BIOS. No changes to BIOS have any impact. 

Any suggestions? I work primarily in the dark so the cycle lighting is super distracting and I have apparently lost control of my own machine. I've barely had the machine but a few months.

Answers

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99