small form factor build, first time from-scratch build

Options

why the upgrade?

my laptop that I use for music is struggling to keep up with my production and has no upgrade path, and my steamdeck that I use for games is defective and out of warranty. i'm tired of having to replace laptops so often, but i still need to be able to transport my computer 3 minutes away once per week, hence the small form factor but desktop build.

what will it be used for?

the device will be used for gaming and music production primarily. elden ring and forza horizon 5 are my heaviest games. and i'm plenty comfortable playing them at 1080p medium settings as long as i'm getting 60/60+ fps, though better if i can fit it in budget and with the below limitations is good too. as far as the music production I just need more ram than i currently have, which is 16gb, and a decent CPU. I have all of the peripherals I need, so the only peripheral/IO requirements are for it to have at least 4-5 usb A and/or C ports (any combination of a/c amounts works really, as long as there are 4-5 of them), and the GPU must support at least 2 video outputs, one of which HAS to be HDMI, but the rest can be DP. the device must also support wifi as i won't have easy access to wired connections at one location, and no wired access at another.

what is my budget/purchase limitation?

I have a budget of 1,250 USD before tax for the PC, and due to a myriad of reasons that i shant list here to keep things short, I will HAVE to make the purchase, in store, at the microcenter in denver with whatever is in stock there on saturday the 13th of january. i will not be able to return to pick up ordered parts at a later time, or to return/exchange parts. due to a need to split payments, I can't order from anywhere online.

what have I picked so far?

so far i have picked parts for an AMD CPU build, with an intel arc GPU. I have had better experiences with AMD processors in the past, and a video I saw demoing the arc a750 8gb on elden ring at 1440p maximum makes me feel like this arc a770 8gb will be sufficient enough for me and my 1080p medium-maximum gaming and also be good value for money/last a few years. i've also heard great things about video encoding on arc and i will be making my own simple 2d animated music videos on this device as well through davinci resolve and AVIUTL.

• Ryzen 9 5900x
  • ASRock B550M-ITX/ac
  • G.Skill - Ripjaws V 32GB (2 x 16GB)
  • ASRock Intel Arc A770 Phantom Gaming D
  • Crucial P3 2TB M.2
  • Lian Li Lancool 205M
  • Powerspec 750W 80+ gold
  • DeepCool AK620

is there a way i can balance this out better? do these part selections make sense? with what's available with reasonable (likely to still be there on saturday the 13th) stock at the denver location, can I make something better in my price range? please do give me all of your opinions/suggestions, as even though i'm a tech enthusiast i've only ever shopped laptops/prebuilts in the below 1k budget range because poverty so I would appreciate any input :)

I hope you have a great day and thank you to anyone who offers help!

Comments

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Greetings,

Sorry for the delay in response. Based on the post's description, it appears you may have already made a purchase of these parts or similar parts as you quoted purchasing on the 13th of January, otherwise from what I can see everything you have listed should work great in that price range!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99