What would be causing applications to crash?

Options

I've recently purchased a custom PC and have been battling a bunch of various issues so far (network drivers not installed upon arrival, fan software not installed so CPU was getting quite toasty, etc). The guy who built the computer also sent it with liquid in the reservoir and cpu tubes which had a leak in it while getting shipped to me, so it leaked.... I took the computer to Micro Center and had to get the 4090 RMA'd, but seemingly everything else was fine..

On and off now, I've been having issues where I get to experience different problems with different games. Keep in mind, when playing games, I also sometimes have a stream on my other monitor, or Netflix.

World of Warcraft: When loading Netflix while on game, my monitors go black and turn back on and the night light I have in my Windows settings goes away, the graphics in WoW just go wild, like I'm tripping out or something.

Valheim: Watching a discord stream on the other monitor, my game decides to crash sometimes just running around. I tab out to Discord and then Discord crashes too...

Satisfactory: Launching the game, I this message: "Out of video memory trying to allocate a rendering resource. Make sure your video card has the minimum required memory, try lowering the resolution and/or closing other applications that are running. Exiting..."

Discord: Like I said above, tabbing into Discord sometimes just flat-out crashes the app.

PC Components:

GPU - MSI Gaming x trio Nvidia RTX 4090

CPU - Intel i9-13900k

Motherboard - Asus Prime Z790

RAM - Kingston 64G Fury renegade DDR5 6000mhz

PSU - Rog Thor 1200 W

OS - Windows 11 Pro

I'm not exactly sure how to fix these issues, any help would be appreciated! I don't think that running games like this and having streams up should be doing this, as my previous computer never had these issues at all.

Thanks

Answers

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99