New build with Win10 no network adaptor found

Options

Asus 650e strix and Gigabyte 4060ti with Ryzen 9 7900x. I cannot load any firmware from a stick drive on win 10 to install software from asus it sends up a message not compatible with Win 10 or cannot be found and I did make sure the downloads were for Win 10.. I've had this Win 10 Disk for 7 years and wonder if its compatible or I just need to get Win 11. Loaded OS 3 different times still have same result. Very frustrating. Has anyone seen this issue before.

TIA

Flash

Answers

• Zuua
    Zuua ✭✭
    First Answer Name Dropper Community Champion 5 Likes
    Options

Some of the motherboards don't come with a wifi card installed. You're going to have to get an internal wifi card if that's the case

• ronwoodson
    ronwoodson Store Associate
    5 Awesomes First Answer 5 Likes First Anniversary
    Options

Hey there, Flashover!

It sounds like you're having a bit of a headache with your new build not recognizing the network adapter, especially when trying to load firmware from a USB drive. Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this.

Firstly, your Windows 10 disk being 7 years old could indeed be part of the issue. Over the years, there have been numerous updates to Windows 10, and hardware has evolved, including the introduction of new processors and motherboards like your Ryzen 9 7900x and Asus 650e Strix. It's possible that the version of Windows 10 on your disk doesn't have the necessary drivers for your new hardware, which could explain why it's not recognizing the network adapter and why you're having trouble with compatibility messages when trying to install software.

Here's a step-by-step approach to troubleshoot the issue:

1. **Check for Hardware Compatibility**: Ensure that your motherboard's BIOS is up to date. Motherboard manufacturers often release updates that improve compatibility with new hardware and software.

2. **Use a Different Computer**: If possible, use a different computer to download the latest network adapter drivers for your motherboard from the Asus website. Save these to a USB drive.

3. **Update Windows**: If you can access the internet through a different method (like a USB Ethernet adapter or by temporarily installing a Wi-Fi card), try updating Windows 10 to the latest version. This could potentially resolve driver issues.

4. **Manual Driver Installation**: If updating Windows isn't an option, use the USB drive with the downloaded drivers to manually install the network adapter drivers on your new build.

5. **Consider Windows 11**: If your hardware is very new, it might be more compatible with Windows 11. If you're open to upgrading, this could solve your compatibility issues.

6. **Check BIOS Settings**: Sometimes, network adapters can be disabled in the BIOS. Check to make sure that the onboard network adapter isn't disabled.

7. **Hardware Check**: If you're still having issues, it might be worth checking to ensure the network adapter is properly seated in the motherboard and hasn't been damaged.

Remember, building a PC can sometimes be a bit of a puzzle, but with patience and the right steps, you can get all the pieces to fit. If you've tried all these steps and are still having issues, it might be time to reach out to Asus support for some expert help.

Keep your chin up, Flashover! PC building is as much about the journey as it is the destination. Once you've ironed out these initial kinks, you'll have a system that's tailored just for you. Happy troubleshooting!

• Flashover
    Options

Thanks for the information. I was thinking the older OS may not support the new advanced hardware but with a authentic Win 10 on the shelf thought I could save a bit of money; but, lol I hate 10 anyway so I will take the 65 mile drive down and pick up a copy of 11.

• ronwoodson
    ronwoodson Store Associate
    5 Awesomes First Answer 5 Likes First Anniversary
    Options

@Flashover Cool beans bro! Check the website for availability before making the trek to MC.

• Flashover
    Options

Well I did the 4 hr trek to and from MC getting Win 11 pro. Still same issue. I enabled both wireless network and then Lan hooking up to router. Win 11 will not go any further with out a internet connection. So at this point to me this MB has some issues. So any information as to support on troubleshooting. I have several hours on this and getting no where. 😶

Flash

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

@Flashover

What screen are you stuck on exactly? The OOBE setup or are you having a problem during the install?

• Flashover
    Options

Mike - I'm at the page where Win 11 tells you a internet connection has to be established before you can proceed to next step. The next button is grayed out. I re-flashed BIOS and reset Router same issue I had when installed Win 10. It looks if this Motherboard may a issue.

Flash

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

@Flashover

Do this.

1. Shift + F10 to open command prompt.
    2. Click in the window.
    3. Type: cd oobe
    4. Enter.
    5. Type: bypassnro.cmd
    6. Enter.

System will reboot. After it's done, you'll have an "I don't have internet" option.

• Flashover
    Options

Mike -THANK YOU!!!! I'm up running, updating and setting up. 😀Much appreciated.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99