PowerSpec G906 Original Bios Settings

Options

PowerSpec tech: can you let me know what, if any, BIOS setting changes are made from the base ASRock "optimized default"? I unintentionally loaded the defaults and want to make sure I have settings as it came from the store. An obvious example would be to load the XMP profile. Any others?

Thank you.

Answers

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

@dmorisoli

Our defaults are the 'optimized defaults'. That's really the only thing 'custom' about our BIOS except for the splash. All you need to do is load XMP.

• dmorisoli
    Options

Thanks Mike! 🏆️

• dmorisoli
    dmorisoli
    First Comment
    edited January 24
    Options
    Mike… quick follow up just to make sure. Can you let me know the fan setting selections on the H/W Monitor tab. Want to make sure these “defaults” have the water pump setup correctly:

CPU Fan 1 Setting:  Silent Mode

CPU_FAN2/WP Switch: CPU_FAN2
    CPU Fan 2 Control Mode: Auto
    CPU Fan 2 Setting: Standard Mode
    CPU Fan 2 Temp Source: Monitor CPU

CHA_FAN3/WP Switch: CHA_FAN3
    Chassis Fan 3 Control Mode: Auto
    Chassis Fan 3 Setting: Silent Mode
    Chassis Fan 3 Temp Source: Monitor M/B

I’m wondering if CPU_FAN2 should be set to:
    Waterpump
    PWM
    Full-time mode
    ?

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited January 24
    Options

@dmorisoli

Correct, WP header should be ran at full speed. That should be the default in our BIOS. You do not want the board to throttle the pump.

To be clear, you should change the header where your water pump is connected to: CHA # FAN SETTING = Full Speed.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99