Possibly planning on building a PC for the first time (Need help with parts)

Options

I was looking at the Powerspec g515 and it was $950 when i was originally looking at it. Since then it's gone up by $100 and i was already thinking about building one but now after the price change i think it might be worth it to finally bite the bullet and build one. Not knowing much about parts i used the PC builder and put together what seemed to me to be as close as possible to the Powerspec. it's $804 which blew my mind at how much less this build was! i'm 99.9% sure that i've probably missed something or choose something that could be improved. Like i said this is still all pretty confusing because i have no idea what i'm looking for when it comes to the motherboard and CPU upon other things. I always hear people online talking about how "this GPU is better than this GPU for only a little more or even less than this GPU" and i just wanna know what is the best build i can get for $1000 or under. i would like to get the most performance out of it as possible. It will be used for light and some heavy gaming like VR. I just wanna know that i'm making the right choice when it comes to parts if i do go this route. (i don't have a link to the build because micro center says my account is too new)

Answers

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99