under $800 gaming pc build help??

Options

I’m fairly new to pc gaming and would like a suggestion on a build that would be under $800 dollars . Some of the games I’m into is (rp gta,Fortnite,halo infinite, cyberpunk 2077,red dead redemption 2,warzone,apex legends,Witcher 3,starfield,) i would like to have an os and fast boot time and that can be upgraded if need be in the future

or suggesting a prebuilt that does the job and reliable

Answers

• PowerSpec_Alex
    PowerSpec_Alex PowerSpec Engineer
    Name Dropper 5 Likes First Answer First Comment
    edited February 7
    Options

Hello!

This one is pretty tough. The games you mentioned can be very demanding on a PC (especially at higher than 1080p, maybe something to work towards with upgrades).

With that said, I did my best to put together a PC build that I think will perform best for you at the best price I could manage while still leaving the PC in a good position to be upgraded over the next few years. I did exceed your budget a bit for this but this is primarily to ensure a decent gaming experience with the system as I built it and to make sure you'd be able to upgrade one part at a time, over time. I'll list out the parts below and give my thoughts for the choice. You'll need to confirm availability at your local store and pricings are as of the time this post was made. I highly recommend working with an expert, in store, in the Build Your Own section of the store, as they can double check my options listed below and provide further insight.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600

This is a solid gaming processor that should do very well for the games you're asking. It comes with a stock cooler to get you started so no extra cost is needed right off the bat for a cooler. I highly recommend upgrading to an AIO cooler down the line to provide much better cooling for this. Doing so should provide a nice boost to performance due to the better cooling.

Motherboard: ASUS B650M-A Prime AX II

Good motherboard for the price. Has built in wifi, if this isn't needed then exploring cheaper alternatives may be possible. Has an AM5 CPU socket which leave you with great upgradability options for your processor. Also has DDR5 RAM slots for best RAM upgradability.

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32BG (2 x 16GB) DDR5-5200

Solid DDR5 RAM. 32GB total should work great for all your games. Just don't try playing more than 1 of them at a time 😅

GPU: ASRock AMD Radeon RX 6600 Challenger Dual Fan 8GB

A minimum of 8GB of VRAM on your GPU is needed for decent FPS and gameplay on many of the games you mentioned. This GPU is a good starting point.

Storage: Crucial P3 500GB SSD 3D NAND Flahs M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe

500GB of storage in a fairly inexpensive M.2 drive. Will provide fast boot times.

Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L

Good inexpensive case. Great for first builds.

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 GT 650 Watt 80 Plus Gold ATX Power Supply

Great power supply for the price. 650 Watts is more than is needed, leaving room for some upgrades of other PC parts without needing to upgrade the Power supply.

This comes with the license key needed. The PC above does not have a DVD drive and so a USB install drive would need to be purchased or created. I would personally use the media creation tool on Microsofts website and a USB flash drive to install this myself and purchase the license directly through Microsoft on their website.

Here is a guide for performing a clean install of Windows: https://community.microcenter.com/kb/articles/767-how-to-perform-a-clean-install-of-windows-11?utm_source=community-search&utm_medium=organic-search&utm_term=clean+install

If you're just looking for a decent gaming PC without the hassle at the lowest price point, I highly suggest the PowerSpec G516 Gaming PC.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/666624/powerspec-g516-gaming-pc

I hope this helps!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99