Looking to play Horizon: Zero Dawn and Horizon: Forbidden West. Is this build up to par?

Options

For context: I already have a custom PC, but I am looking to upgrade some parts since I'm pretty sure what I have now won't cut it for playing either game. I have new parts selected on PC Part Picker, and got some guidance from Micro Center over the weekend. The only parts I'm looking to upgrade are the motherboard (already acquired), GPU, and CPU, adding an extra set of RAM sticks, plus replacing my current 1TB SSD to a 2TB, while keeping the 1TB hard drive for stuff I don't need to load super quick. Everything else on the list is stuff I already have (the monitor isn't an exact match to the Acer monitor I have, but it's the closest match spec-wise).

Is this all compatible, and would this setup run both games in high quality, with a good frame rate (60fps is fine, I'm not looking for like 144fps or higher or anything)? And should I also consider a third fan (if this case allows it, I'm not sure)?

Best Answer

• warmlawns
    warmlawns ✭✭
    Name Dropper First Answer First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options

this seems like a solid list though that psu is a bit pricy for a 750 watt. ive seen the corsair rm750e for as low as 89.99 with the same gold rating, could save you a few dollars to put towards other components

Answers

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99