PowerSpec B734 memory upgrade suggestions

Options

Currently running a PowerSpec B734 machine with a AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 3.8GHz on an ASRock A520M-HDV motherboard. I have 2x 16GB DDR4 2666 RAM in the machine right now (32GB total). I'm looking to upgrade to 2x 32GB (64GB total) if I can.

I don't do any gaming or anything that needs any overclocking or anything. I use it as a Proxmox server running a Windows 11 VM (for regular Internet stuff, video streaming now and then, Photoshop, and architectural 3D modeling software as a personal hobby), a full Ubuntu VM, a couple Ubuntu containers, and a GNS3 VM for network virtualization. The latter is what I'd like to upgrade the RAM for the most. Fast is great, but reliability is better. Something that can provide both would be ideal.

If anyone has any suggestions for what 32GB sticks I can replace my current 16GB sticks in this machine with that will give me the best performance while being able to count on them for reliability, please let me know. I only shop for memory once every four or five years, so my RAM expertise is lacking. Also, if there's something that would work great but would need tuning in the BIOS, I might be able to do that, but I don't really mess with BIOS settings much, so I'd need details on what to do.

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99