How do you format a samsung ssd encrypted with bitlocker?

Options
I am currently facing a challenging situation. I uninstalled a program and attempted to repair my computer using scannow and DISM, but unfortunately, it resulted in a critical process-died blue screen of death. I tried deleting the SSD from the Windows 11 installation prompt and formatting the drive, but I encountered an error. Additionally, I tried securely erasing the drive from the BIOS, but my system does not support that feature.  

I proceeded to install Windows 10 on a portable drive using WinToGo along with Samsung Magician. While Samsung Magician detected the drives, it informed me that it does not support secure erase. I also attempted to use Darik's Boot and Nuke, but it directed me to the BIOS instead.  Furthermore, I tried formatting and installing Windows on my other Samsung SSD, but the BIOS failed to detect the SSD during the loading process, even though I was able to access it from the Windows installer. I believe the issue may be related to BitLocker being enabled. 

I kindly request assistance in resolving this matter. I am willing to consider paid priority support if necessary. Thank you for your attention to this issue.

Answers

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

@Zeond

I'd try Diskpart, keep in mind this will erase all data on the drive and be careful about which drive you select.

1. Boot to the Windows 11 installation environment.
    2. Shift + F10
    3. Type: diskpart
    4. list disk
    5. select disk # (the SSD)
    6. clean
    7. If that fails, try by partition.
    8. list part (should be four, EFI, MSR, Recovery and Windows)
    9. select part # (each of the above four on the SSD)
    10. delete partition override (repeat for each partition)
  • Zeond
    Zeond ✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 7
    Options
    Hello, I am having trouble accessing the Windows 11 environment on my computer. I can only access it through my Windows To Go USB installation. I would like to know if Windows To Go allows me to use DiskPart to format my Samsung SSD effectively. Thank you for your assistance.

Please note that when I installed Windows 10 on WinToGo, the formatting program did not function properly.

Edit: I tried diskpart and followed the directions.

1. "The operation is not allowed on a disk that is offline."

2. "Virtual disk service error: Delete is not allowed on the current boot, system, pagefile, crashdump or hibernation volume."

Is there anything else I can try?

Edit 2: I made both of my drives go online by heading in to the format partition program. I then tried to do what you said and now I received "Access is denied. See the system event log for more information."
  • PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

@Zeond

I would want to try this from a PE environment. Can you create a bootable Windows 11 Installation flash drive here? https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows11

If it still fails. I'd try either a tool like Mini Tool Partition Wizard, or use a portable Linux distro

• Zeond
    Zeond ✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Options
    I encountered some challenges in the past two days, but I am pleased to inform you that I have successfully resolved the issue. I utilized the PSID revert feature in Samsung Magician, which resulted in the deletion of all data and the removal of encryption. Consequently, I am now able to proceed with the installation of Windows. I appreciate your assistance in this matter.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99