Upgrade or New Build?!

Options

Attached are my current build specs (and on my profile). Intel I7 Build - Picture below.

I would like to know if it is worth upgrading now and waiting for a newer/more powerful GPU in the future to come out OR to give this to my girl and just build a new PC for me from scratch. Would you recommend that i keep my PC and upgrade my GPU or build a new PC outright? Here is what I'm currently looking at building: (AMD Build Picture Below) running it with a SAMSUNG 27" Odyssey G7 Series WQHD that is in the mail now.

I'm newer to building PCs. If you have any non bias suggestions or guidence, please share. I am looking to make this PC look really good in addition to performance. I'm aware there are some more budget friendly options, but I do want every part to look cool/unique. I also wouldn't mind a little white accenting in the case. I'm thinking of going with a white motherboard and white fan blades at least. This will be primarily in a dark room as pictured below.

My girl wants to try PC gaming, but idk if she'll play it a lot. She casually plays single player xbox games throughout the week. At best, she can take my current PC. Looking at around 3.5K for the PC alone.

Answers

• Shoan041
    Shoan041 ✭✭✭✭
    5 Awesomes 5 Likes 5 Insightfuls First Anniversary
    Options

Hi, I would recommend building a new computer. Your CPU is 4 generations older than current and you would bottle neck current GPUs more than you would probably want.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99