My PC keeps crashing and I don't know why

Options

I built my PC in early 2020 or late 2019, shortly after the 30 series graphics cards came out. Up until about 4 months ago, my PC has been working more than perfectly. It can take anything that I throw at it. Now, when I play a simple, non graphic intense game, such as fortnite, my computer crashes. It has gotten worse over the last month, as I have returned to the gaming scene. I don't know why this keeps happening. By crashing, I mean like everything shuts off immediately, no blue screen. I have tried troubleshooting, such as opening the case, checking air flow (I have 5 case fans, 2 intake, 3 outtake), and changing the plug location. I originally thought that the problem was that the system was overheating, but now I am inclined to think it is deeper than that. Now I think the problem lies in the power supply, but I'm not completely sure. I am honestly kind of scared to open up my computer to look at the wiring, though I really hope that there is no power short happening. It is extremely frustrating, and I would love some insight on what y'all may think might be my problem.

Best Answer

Answers

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99