Need Help Choosing Parts

Options

I would like to have microcenter Minneapolis build me a gaming rig in 2 weeks, it would be easies if all parts were sourced at microcenter. I currently play RDR2, Destiny 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Hell divers 2. My old 1070 is dying in my current 6+ year old pc. I would like to keep the build at $2K (before the build fee). I only need the tower, happy with my mouse, keyboard monitors (1440p) and speakers.

Comments

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    edited April 13
    Options

I am pretty sure Microcenter will build in an existing case and swap out all the parts.

You can probably also keep the power supply, what model is it?

If you start off with the bundle deal on the 7800X3D you can have an awesome gaming system for well under $2K: https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/bundle-and-save.aspx . You would need a CPU cooler to go with it. Also, I assume your case is large enough to fit a standard ATX size motherboard.

For a graphics card, do you want to stay with nVidia? You have budget with that combo to get pretty high up the ladder. A 7900XT from AMD or a 4070Ti from nVidia would be excellent.

• deepthought
    Options
    Its an Acer prebuilt, the case is pretty ugly so I'd prefer to start from scratch. I am definitely interested in an AMD build or feel like a 4070ti would be fine for my needs. Whatever gives me the most bang for my buck. I don't really know what ray tracing is or if I would miss it.
  • magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Sorry, I was confused when you mentioned "the tower" in what seemed to be the context of keeping various parts.

Best bang for buck for someone who doesn't care about ray tracing is definitely a Radeon graphics card. My RX6800XT is a generation old and is still strong and can do reasonable RT for me anyway. A current generation 7800XT is probably awesome.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99