Question re: Lian Li ATX205 for PowerSpec G436 build

Options
DMA
DMA ✭✭
First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper

I purchased the G436 back in January 2021 and with a few modifications it's been a very good system for me. I would normally build my PC but as you may remember back during the height of Covid there were literally zero decent GPU's to be had on the open market and buying a pre-built was the only way to get ahold of the Nvidia RTX cards. But I digress.

The reason for this post is to try and find a replacement 3.5" HDD caddy/tray for the bay drives. The case, if purchased as a stand alone would have come with 2 trays as the bay is designed to hold 2 drives however since this is a pre built unit and came with only 1 HDD that the tray was removed and thrown into a pile in the tech center (or at least I'm hoping). I have purchased a second HDD (from Micro Center) and unfortunately it cannot be mounted without the tray. I've searched everywhere I can think of on the internet with no luck and a request sent to Lian Li returned the message "Sorry to inform you the HDD tray is not an optional accessory for consumers to purchase directly."

Therefore I'm reaching out to you folks at Micro Center in hopes that I may obtain one of these trays.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Dan

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99