Microcenter Website Forbidden

Scubaduba
Scubaduba
First Comment
edited May 6 in General Discussion

Started today (May 6) with message displayed saying "Forbidden - ID: xxxx". Occurs on Edge, Firefox, Chrome. Tried suggestions of clearing cookies & cache. Turned off ad blocking extension. No VPN.

Update: Can get to website by using cellular (bypassing wifi router) through mobile phone. The one issue I can think of is my Asus router has Merlin firmware with SkyNet where many countries are blocked. However the microcenter website has been working at all times earlier than today (ie. it just happened).

Comments

• Hyratel
    Hyratel ✭✭
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary

Seriously, this is not the first time for me, and clearly something is excessively aggressive in its denial. Please turn down the sensitivity of whatever this is. Does Microcenter want my money or not?

PS, I will not 'use a different browser', I use firefox and that's the end of it. I will not use Edge or Chrome. This is on your end, Fix It On Your End.

• Ian
    Ian admin
    Eighth Anniversary 25 Insightfuls 500 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited May 7 Answer ✓

Greetings,

The main microcenter.com website I believe has been having intermittent issues due to outages today. They will be handled by the proper teams as soon as possible and there would not be any changes you would need to make to resolve this, our best suggestion would be to try to access the main website later.

• Thanks for the update

• If so, perhaps Microcenter could make it possible for customers to access the website to shop for, and/or order parts.

All I get is Forbidden - ID: and a bunch of letters and numbers.

I started shopping Microcenter in the late '90s, but now I cannot even see the website.

Oh well, Amazon or Newegg still allow me to view their merchandise online.

• Miklovinn
    Miklovinn ✭✭
    First Comment Third Anniversary

This is happening to me also. (Forbidden - ID: 10c0f…….) There are Reddit posts as old as 3 moths ago of it happening. I am located in the Maryland, USA. I have tried every suggested fix and nothing. Finally I decided to try VPN on. I turned on Surfshark to Boston location and now works fine but only with VPN turned on even to other countries.

• ChrisP
    ChrisP ✭✭
    Fourth Anniversary First Comment

Getting "Forbidden - ID:19c0xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" when browsing from iphone on WiFi. Tried Safari and Firefox mobile browsers. From a Ubuntu PC using Firefox on the same WiFi it works fine. Have never seen this until today.

• Hyratel
    Hyratel ✭✭
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 7

It was resolved within an hour of this original posting 👍️

• Still an issue.

I'm getting it on all my pc's, my iPhone over the cellular network, whether I'm inside or outside my vpn, etc., etc., etc.

I know it is being worked on, because I used to work in retail (not MicroCenter), and I'm certain the shit is hitting the fan in Hilliard this morning.

Good luck, folks!

• PowerSpec_KenJ
    PowerSpec_KenJ PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Likes Fourth Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Answers
    edited May 7

This error is typically caused by cached files on your system. Try opening an in-private tab and browsing to microcenter.com. In-private tabs do not load the cached files and should fix the issue.

• Getting same issue as original poster - Forbidden ID:xxxxx (changing gibberish) from all my devices through my home network.

If I use cellular data on my iPhone, it works OK as does my laptop using my iPhone as a hotspot via cellular….

I thought it might have to do with cached pages, but even machines that have never accessed Microcenter get the Forbidden message.

FWIW - also using an ASUS router with Merlin firmware (for many, many years).

Quite inconvenient.

• Glou
    Glou
    First Comment
    edited May 7

Yea, this is not resolved for me as well. I'm going to post exactly what I posted in another post on this forums on this "Forbidden ID" issue:

Normally I don't post here on forums, but I'm also facing this "Forbidden ID" issue as well since yesterday and it seems to be getting worse all morning. I sometimes have to wait for hours to try again the Microcenter.com site to finally connect.

What I've tried:

• I've cleared cache/cookies on my Windows laptop, desktop, and Android phone for Chrome, Firefox, and Edge (yes there is an Android version of this) and then rebooted the devices
    • Tried running incognito/privacy modes for respective browsers above.
    • Reinstalled browsers on laptop, main desktop, and Android phone and rebooted the devices.
    • Tried using my paid and a free VPN to try different locations along with home wifi, guest wifi at work/fast food restaurants, dedicated mobile hotspot device, and my regular 5G phone signal itself.
    • I have also had my wife try on her phone to access Microcenrer.com as well and is getting the same "Forbidden ID" message.

I want to make a note that any cached links that I did have when starting to type Microcenter.com in the URL field will work when accessing it, but as soon as I click the main Microcenter logo to get to main page, it gets "Forbidden ID" right away. It is also quite odd that I can access the discussion or forums here and my account profile via cached URL that I now saved in a notepad to at least get some sort of access to site.

I'm unsure on what's going on or how to resolve this. I like shopping online because it allows me to see the deals an buy them quickly for me to pick up later in the day after work and this makes it quite inconvenient or nearly impossible. Appreciate any resolution or advice on what to do next.

• Glou
    Glou
    First Comment
    edited May 7

It's more of a workaround, if it works at time for me on private/incognito tabs. Is there a more permanent fix or update coming for this issue without using incognito/private tabs?

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99