Looking for Feedback on Proposed PC Build

With the help of some informed people, I made a PC build using the Micro Center Custom PC Builder and was hoping to get some feedback as I don't know much about building PCs. Here is the build:

Sorry for posting images instead of a link. My account isn't old enough to post links here. My local Micro Center is in Yonkers, NY, and I will buy the building service. My budget is around $3200. I plan to use this PC for gaming and AI, including Cities Skylines II, GTA V, and some local LLMs. I would like an AMD CPU, RTX 4090, 32 GB of RAM, 2 TB SSD, and a case with at least 3 USB ports on the front. I would prefer a black non-RGB case. It would be nice to have a case with an SD card slot, but I did not see any, so it is not required. I already have a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and headphones. Please let me know what you think of the build and if you have any questions. Thank you!

Best Answers

• PowerSpec_KenJ
    PowerSpec_KenJ PowerSpec Engineer
    Fourth Anniversary 5 Answers 10 Comments 5 Likes
    Answer ✓

For gaming, this build will be strong. The 7800X3D is still the king of gaming for CPUs and the 4090 can't be beat. For AI, the CPU isn't much of a factor and the 4090 is the best outside of the ADA RTX cards, but those cost thousands each. The only downside to this build as far as AI goes might be the RAM. 32GB is a bit low depending on the model size you intend to run. A 5b or maybe a 7b file should work, but 13b and larger models might be a problem.

• Vladdy
    Vladdy ✭✭✭
    100 Comments 25 Likes First Anniversary First Answer
    Answer ✓

This build will definitely do what you want. Ken does provide a good recommendation of getting more RAM if you want to do more stuff with AI.

-V

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99