Any advice for this New Build? I have the MB, CPU and GPU...trying to fill in the gaps

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d

CPU Cooler: Thermalright Phantom Spirt 120 SE ARGB

Motherboard: AsRock B650E Taichi Lite

Memory: TeamGroup T-Force Delta RGB 32 GB (2x16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30

Storage: TeamGroup Cardea A440 1TB (Found from MB QVL)

GPU: Gigabyte Gaming OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti Super

Case: TBD, looking at Lian Li LANCOOL III RGB or the newer NZXT H7 (Flow, Elite)… Open to suggestions

PSU: MSI MPG A850G (Found from PSU Cultist list)

Monitor: Alienware AW2725DF 1440p 360 Hz

As mentioned above, this will be my first build. It's been months and months of researching and waiting for deals on certain prices, but finally bought my CPU, MB and GPU. I don't plan on storing much of anything other than games, but started with 1TB and am open to getting a second if needed.

A couple questions and then please add any suggestions you may have :)

(1) Will the 850 W PSU suffice with this given build (so far)?

(2) Any recommendations on Case? This is the longest decision I've yet to make but really like the look of the H7 Flow (Black).

I appreciate your feedback and look forward to finally start building my PC!!!

Answers

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    2500 Comments Fifth Anniversary 100 Answers 250 Likes

Plenty of power at 850W. The X3D processors don't use a lot of power, this will give you a lot of room. Manufacturer recommendations for power supplies generally assume the worst.

CPU: 100-110

GPU: 285W

Other: 50W

Total max load: 445W = 52.3% of 850W.

• Thanks MikeW! 

PcPartPicker shows estimated wattage is between 596-629 depending on the RAM I select. Is that the highest W possible? That was the only thing holding me back from the 850W
  • PowerSpec_MikeW

@NewBuild4

You'll pull more power at the wall, you'll lose 10% on a gold rated PSU. But I pulled that from power consumption on devices. And it's a synthetic max load as a worst case scenario. You're not going to hit that gaming.

• PowerSpec_MikeW

@NewBuild4

Built up a system with similar specs I had laying around. Same CPU and GPU. Here's the Killa Watt readout on OCCT's power stress test.

488W minus the 10% you're losing in the AC to DC conversion(tested with an 80+ Gold unit) is 439.2W DC to the system.

• Wow, that is awesome. I’m grateful for your response and will definitely go with the 850W! 

Thank you very much for taking the time to do that!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99