Drivers for Windows installation.

Hello, Recently I purchased an Inland 1 terabyte TN450 NVMe SSD. After installing it into my computer, I booted into a Windows 10 x64 install USB. As soon as I clicked install, It prompted me that I needed a media driver, I have tried everything to get this to work, But nothing has done it. The SSD is detected in command prompt, It is detected by Ubuntu, but not Windows installation.

Answers

• Vladdy
    Vladdy ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 25 Likes 100 Comments Photogenic

Try this, initialize your SSD using the Command Prompt (CMD) in Windows, follow these steps:

1. Open Command Prompt as administrator by typing "cmd" in the Windows search bar, right-clicking on "Command Prompt," and selecting "Run as administrator".
    2. Type "diskpart" and press Enter to launch the DiskPart utility.
    3. Enter "list disk" and press Enter to display all connected disks.
    4. Identify your SSD from the list and note its disk number.
    5. Type "select disk X" (replace X with your SSD's disk number) and press Enter.
    6. Enter "clean" and press Enter to remove any existing partitions or formatting from the SSD.
    7. Type "convert gpt" (for GPT) or "convert mbr" (for MBR) and press Enter to set the partition style.
    8. Once you see the message "DiskPart successfully converted the selected disk to GPT format" (or MBR), your SSD has been initialized.
    9. To create a partition on the newly initialized SSD, you can use the following commands:
      • "create partition primary"
      • "format quick fs=ntfs"
      • "assign"
    10. Type "exit" and press Enter to close DiskPart

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    250 Likes 25 Insightfuls Fifth Anniversary 2500 Comments

@carb0nd1ox1de

What brand and model is the PC? If custom built, what motherboard?

• Vladdy
    Vladdy ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 25 Likes 100 Comments Photogenic

I would try this:

https://www.crucial.com/support/articles-faq-ssd/initialize-ssd-windows

You can also do it from CMD:

To initialize your SSD using the Command Prompt (CMD) in Windows, follow these steps:

1. Open Command Prompt as administrator by typing "cmd" in the Windows search bar, right-clicking on "Command Prompt," and selecting "Run as administrator".
    2. Type "diskpart" and press Enter to launch the DiskPart utility.
    3. Enter "list disk" and press Enter to display all connected disks.
    4. Identify your SSD from the list and note its disk number.
    5. Type "select disk X" (replace X with your SSD's disk number) and press Enter.
    6. Enter "clean" and press Enter to remove any existing partitions or formatting from the SSD.
    7. Type "convert gpt" (for GPT) or "convert mbr" (for MBR) and press Enter to set the partition style.
    8. Once you see the message "DiskPart successfully converted the selected disk to GPT format" (or MBR), your SSD has been initialized.
    9. To create a partition on the newly initialized SSD, you can use the following commands:
      • "create partition primary"
      • "format quick fs=ntfs"
      • "assign"
    10. Type "exit" and press Enter to close DiskPart

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.