Laptop won't turn on, new batter, new charger, still no change? Please Help

Hello All,

So I have an msi vector gp76. For a few months now, I've had to have the charger plugged in to keep it on. If the charger came out, it would immediately turn off. This happened last night while I was moving it. It just went to black screen. Plugged it back in, still won't turn on though. So I checked the cords and everything, no change.

Ordered a new battery and a new charging cord for it and those got it here today. New battery, when I plugged it in, had a small spark. Tried to turn on the laptop, still won't turn on. Won't POST, won't do anything, like dead. The little light on the side does light up when a power cord is plugged in with either battery. But nothing happens when the power button is hit.

I tried to do the static discharge, Hold down the power button for 60 seconds with the battery unplugged thing. That also had no change.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Answers

• It maybe your mobo, when you connected the new charger or did you use the old charger when you got the new battery?

• PaulL
    PaulL admin
    25 Likes Micro Center Staff Name Dropper 5 Awesomes

Sounds like this could be an issue with you board, yes! You can always bring this in store for our techs to take a look at for you! We can run a diagnostic to figure out the issue and what would be needed to repair it for $39.99. After the diagnostic is done a technician would reach out to you to go over what options there are for repair. We offer a walk-in service so an appointment is not required. Our Technicians are available Monday-Saturday from 10am-9pm and Sundays from 11am-6pm.

However, if you’d still like to let us know when you plan to arrive you can schedule a service appointment here: https://service.microcenter.com/ServiceRepairSignUp/Reservation/Create

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99