need help selecting parts for my first PC build

Refrigerator
Refrigerator ✭✭
First Comment Photogenic
edited July 10 in Help Choosing Parts

I need help selecting parts for my first pc build, I don't know a lot about what parts to use and bottlenecking. I would like for the pc to still have an AMD CPU and Nvidia RTX 4080 or higher. i would also like to know if the AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D is overkill for this build. I am very open to any changes and suggestions.

the primary uses for this pc would be graphics intensive games at 1440p or 4k and Autodesk Revit or Inventor.

any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

link to part list (may be missing parts i didn't know were necessary): https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=33c4547b-1581-4a18-9b6f-1d70dc9c8a11

Answers

• PowerSpec_KenJ
    PowerSpec_KenJ PowerSpec Engineer
    Fourth Anniversary 5 Answers 10 Comments 5 Likes

The 7800X3D is the best choice for gaming and would pair great with the 4080. On productivity applications, like Autodesk, the 7900X would be a better choice than the 7800X3D and is only a $10 difference right now. It all depends on what the priority is for you. If that is gaming, go with the 7800X3D. If it is productivity, I would get the 7900X.

• thank you! choosing the CPU was difficult because the benchmarks and reviews for the CPU's wasn't answering my questions. I think i will go with the 7800X3D because I tend to game more than I use Revit.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99