Full refund not received on Credit Card

I made a purchase at the start of May using my MC Credit card and then later that day I exchanged the product for another more expensive product and paid the difference again on my MC Credit card. The product I selected in the exchange didn't perform as I hoped it would, nor did the original product, so I went back to the store 12 days after the initial purchase and exchange and returned it for a full refund. The order that shows the refund lists the full total for the product, but I only saw the refund for the difference come through my MC credit card statement, leaving the original cost unaccounted for even though I now had neither of the products. After I got my statement and saw that only part of the funds had been returned to me, I went back to the store and spoke with a store associate who told me that since the return said the full amount had been refunded there was nothing they could do even though I had the credit statements to prove that I never received the original purchase amount and only received the difference.

Has anyone else encountered something like this? Can anyone give me some pointers?

Ideally, I don't want to have to contact Wells Fargo and request a chargeback on this and would like to get it resolved without that but I also don't want to just accept the $217.61 original purchase cost as a loss.

Comments

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99