New PowerSpec G235 will not boot to the BIOS. What am I missing?

DHP
DHP
First Comment
edited August 15 in PowerSpec

Hello, I appreciate the opportunity to join as a new member.

I have questions regarding my new PowerSpec G235 Gaming PC. I purchased the PC new at Micro Center recently on June 20, 2024. The Windows 11 Home operating system would not install properly so I returned the PC to the store and they issued me my 2nd new PC (same model). I have been using the PC to run Flight Simulator and that’s about it.

I had not turned this PC on for a few weeks until yesterday. The PC would not boot up. Just a blank screen. NOTE …. PC did a Windows Update before the last Shutdown. After several attempts I was able to connect to the BIOS. The first thing I did was to Reset the BIOS in case something had unknowingly changed a setting. Tried booting again but still a blank screen. After several more start attempts, I was able to reenter the BIOS. This time I changed the boot start order to boot with my USB recovery flash drive. I had to reboot about 3 dozen times before it finally read the USB recovery drive.

I was able to reinstall windows. I was thinking “Great, I’m all set”. But no, when rebooting the PC crashed again and I am back to a Black Screen. I have done the following to try to get to the BIOS:

1. Check all connections and the power. This includes confirming 120V at wall outlet and to the PC.
  2. Remove all non-essential Peripherals.
  3. Reset the motherboard battery (removed battery connect and grounded pins)

If I could get to the BIOS I would next go to the UEFI Firmware Settings and then go from there. But I am at a loss now how to get to the BIOS now. I think it is time for me to pack up the PC and take it back to the store for a major repair. Unless there may be steps I am missing?? Please advise I know this was a long posting. All answers are greatly appreciated. Please know I am an advanced beginner with PC related issues. Still learning the ropes. Thank you!

Best Answers

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    2500 Comments Fifth Anniversary 100 Answers 250 Likes
    Answer ✓

@DHP

Based on what you're telling me I would guess the GPU is failing. Intermittent pre-OS, but it dies outright 100% of the time when it tries to load a driver and put any real load on the card. Do you have another GPU to test with?

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    2500 Comments Fifth Anniversary 100 Answers 250 Likes
    Answer ✓

@DHP

Sounds like a coincidence. You're having problems before the driver even loads as well which a windows update shouldn't effect. Best course of action is to bring it in, should be easy to diagnose and get the part swapped out for you.

Answers

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99