Screen on 24-CR1080 screen doesn't come up after power-up

Hello!

I took my new 24-CR1080 to a local tech company to add 16 GB of RAM. While removing the screen, they cracked it. Ordered a new OEM screen, installed it, but now it works "goofy". After power-on, you can here Windows starting, but the screen doesn't come up until you hit the Power button again. They've tried removing the additional RAM, re-installing the old cracked screen, but the problem persists no matter what combination they try.

While for the moment, the circumvention is trivial, I'm concerned that some other glitch will appear one day, as there is no explanation for the immediate problem.

Suggestions?

Comments

• I run with a second monitor at home. There's no second monitor attached to the machine at the shop. I wonder if that's the problem - no second monitor, but Windows was induced to think that it should be the primary, not the screen on the computer…

• It is possible, however based on the information provided it appears that there may be an issue with the screen they used for replacement here. Did they confirm that they screen they used was an OEM?

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99