Would You Please Help Me Remove Shady Software from the Steam Deck That Wasn’t What I Thought?

JohnF
JohnF ✭✭
Third Anniversary First Comment
Hello Steam Dexperts,
Would you please help me remove shady content that I installed on my Steam Deck before realizing it was not what I thought? Should I factory-reset my Steam Deck to remove this shady software, or is there a less-dramatic solution? 
I recently got a Steam Deck OLED, and I love it! I wanted to play my legally purchased Epic Games Store copy of Hogwarts Legacy on the Steam Deck with the Heroic Games Launcher, but it wasn’t launching and running with any version of Proton or Steam Runtime. 
I found a top-results YouTube video from Grown Up Gaming called “Can I install Hogwarts Legacy on Steam Deck?” It directed me to a Hogwarts Legacy Steam Deck fix by pdxrico on GitHub. Without stepping back and thinking it through, I downloaded the ‘fix.’ I let it use my sudo password and make a change to the Grub. 
I then found out that ‘fix’ was shady and not intended for my legally purchased Epic Games Store copy of Hogwarts Legacy. I would like to remove this shady ‘fix’ from my Deck and undo its change to the Grub. Should I do a factory reset, or is that more than what’s needed? Could I change the sudo password and enter a command to revert the Grub to its previous state? I have fully uninstalled Hogwarts Legacy and deleted this ‘fix,’ but I don’t know if that removed the shady software entirely. Obviously, I should have stepped back and thought this through before installing this ‘fix.’ Lesson learned. 
Thank you for any advice you can offer!

Answers

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99