PC keeps restarting after pressing shut down button/ holding it down or pressing shutdown in windows

Thanodes
Thanodes
edited August 20 in General Discussion

Currently helping a friend diagnose a PC issue as the title says. So far we've done power management, done a cmos reset, tweaked bios options for A/C power loss, turned off some auto wake functions, i've tried turning off hibernation on the cmd, disabled automatic restart, and changed some registry stuff that involves restarts, the last thing I've asked them to do was go on device manager and turn off allow this device to wake on a network adapter. None of these have worked so far and currently I'm at a loss of what to do next. I'm currently thinking it might just be a windows 10 specific issue so we might try upgrading to windows 11 or that it's a hardware issue related to her PSU where it's holding some electricity and not fully discharging after holding down the power button. If anyone has some more suggestions before we buy another power supply to test it would be greatly appreciated!

Answers

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99