Need Help Choosing Parts

Hi All, building a midrange computer with my 14 year old son, hoping it’ll be good for gaming now but be able to grow with him into college. He shows interest in computer science and engineering. We’ll see where that goes. This will be a first build for us. Budget is no more than $1500. I think I’ve put together the components for a fair midrange computer with enough capacity to expand later if he wants without needing an entire rebuild. But would love some second opinions. We already own a Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Windforce Overclocked Dual Fan 8GB GDDR6 PCIe 4.0 Graphics Card that I want to reuse to save some buck. Big thing I want to know… am I missing anything obvious like cabling or should the necessary cables be in the box? Any big mistakes you see? Don’t want to mess this up, it’s a birthday present. https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=d3d14f93-6247-445e-87f4-848a1f02e4e5

Comments

• The build looks great! All the cabling needed would be included with the components purchased so no worries in that regard. I am sure he is going to love it! Having the video card already will help price-wise. Good use of the bundle here too!

• looks like a good list for what he’s doing I see no issues. One thing though is if he likes playing more modern games that take up a lot of space and stuff always keep an eye on that storage. 1TB is a lot but with how much modern games take up now and some softwares tools just always keep in mind some future extra storage IF needed. Apart from that looks great and it will running well for what it is!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99