Need Help Choosing Parts

I need a new consolidated home server, and due to my disability, I can no longer build my own PCs. This server will be my NAS, run Plex with the ability to Transcode, run a single Ubuntu Linux VM, and run approximately ten applications in Docker containers.

I am considering running TrueNAS Scale and already have six 14TB 3.5" hard drives to install in this home server. I was looking for 128GB of RAM to best support running the six drives with ZFS, but I would honestly see the same performance with 64GB of RAM for the foreseeable future—the extra 64GB of RAM is just for potential future growth and a desire not to have to do upgrades later.

I plan to install an Intel ARC A380 card to be used by Plex for the transcoding and have two mirrored M.2 SSDs installed to serve as the OS drives for the NAS.

The apps running in Docker will include game servers, so while I don't need a ton of cores or threads with the CPU, I do need decent single-core performance.

Can anyone recommend a hardware parts list for Microcenter to do this build for me? I have someone who will pick up the server and install the 14TB hard drives for me, and I plan to install TrueNAS Scale myself.

Thank you for your advice!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99