Something is up with my PC. I need help.

WildFyreful
WildFyreful ✭✭
Second Anniversary 10 Comments Name Dropper
edited October 16 in General Discussion

I did a parts upgrade about a month ago. Everything has been going fine, but lately, I've noticed that it produces more heat than usual when playing RuneScape despite having four fans running. I also noticed that the RGB fan in the back is working but not lit up like it's supposed to be (no clue how I missed that, so I couldn't tell you how long that's been going on). When I ran HWinInfo64, I also found that Core #0 was constantly throttling in the red.

I'm not sure what's going on here or how to fix it. Can someone help me troubleshoot? I had someone recommend updating the BIOS, but I've never done that on a custom PC and I'm petrified of bricking my computer.

Weird edit: Task Manager performance tab is saying my cores are fine. So HWinInfo may just be glitched or something, I'm not sure.

EDIT: I think I uncovered the issue. I put stuff into PC Part Picker to check compatibility, and it looks like my BIOS is slightly out of date to work with my CPU. So I think a BIOS update might resolve all this.

Answers

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99