The Dragon: Command & Control Center - - Micro Center Build

System
System admin
5 Likes Photogenic
edited November 2019 in Your Completed Builds

imageThe Dragon: Command & Control Center - - Micro Center Build

The Dragon was a build in the works for about 6 months to accumulate the necessary parts and aesthetics without destroying my poor, poor wallet all in one go. Its purpose was primarily for gaming though it is also used for software development (personal

Read the full story here

Comments

• This set up awesome! I agree- the RBG and light strip look great

• ryau
    ryau ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper

Super clean build from the front though... very nice!

• That is one respectable battle-station! Does the rgb light strip sync with the monitor to add that ambient immersion? I am very envious of that 3 monitor setup. Really cool setup you have!

• @mmiller2
    This set up awesome! I agree- the RBG and light strip look great
    @ryau
    Super clean build from the front though... very nice!

Thanks everybody, its truly a build I enjoyed making just as much as I've enjoyed looking at and using!

@JoeyRay said:
    That is one respectable battle-station! Does the rgb light strip sync with the monitor to add that ambient immersion? I am very envious of that 3 monitor setup. Really cool setup you have!

The RGB light strip is currently controller manually by a remote since it has an adapter for a motherboard header, but its a bit too short to reach my board. I haven't gotten the chance to pick up an extension but its likely going to end up being part of another shopping spree at Micro haha!

• If I get around to getting a new build together, I think I'll do something similar as long as it's controllable. Thanks for the reply!

• Hello, I know this was sent in awhile ago and you may not reply. I have seen the reviews for the MOBO and although I got recommended it, the reviews weren't all that friendly. I am wondering what you think about it now, in what seems to have been around a year of having it. It fits in my budget (sub 250 for MOBO) and was wondering what your thoughts on it were.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Tbackie said:
    Hello, I know this was sent in awhile ago and you may not reply. I have seen the reviews for the MOBO and although I got recommended it, the reviews weren't all that friendly. I am wondering what you think about it now, in what seems to have been around a year of having it. It fits in my budget (sub 250 for MOBO) and was wondering what your thoughts on it were.
    Bit late to the part here but I think I can weigh in on this. 

The board is priced well for its features and VRM performance as far as I'm aware. I'm not sure about online reviews, but at least on our website it has 4.6/5 stars with 52 reviews. If you're coming across negative reviews online, keep in mind that people experiencing issues are still in the minority and they just tend to be more vocal when issues pop up. Ultimately it's going to come down to your preference on features and pricing but you will most likely not have any issues if you were to go with this board. 

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99