Options
karimmaroun
karimmaroun ✭✭
First Anniversary
edited January 2020 in Help Choosing Parts
Hey, I would like to buy a gaming pc.
I have a budget of 1500$
I want it to have a 256gb ssd and 1TB hdd , 16gb ram
I will be using the pc for gaming, music production and maybe some photo editing so i will be needing a pretty good gpu
Can you help me build the proper pc for these features...
PS: I already own a mouse, keyboard and mousepad so do not include them in the build.
Thanks!

Comments

• PowerSpec_MichaelB
    Options
    Welcome to the forum Karimmaroun. Quick question, does the $1500 budget include the monitor?

If you do not already have a monitor, this would be my recommendation: https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=443187db-6a70-43c8-8844-ed5b1f1f0fc3. This exceeds your storage requirements, as it has a 512GB NVMe SSD, a 2TB HDD, and the RTX 2060 Super should be plenty fast for your intended gaming and photo editing needs. The processor is a 6 core, 12 thread Ryzen 5 3600 which should be plenty fast even for multi-tasking. The monitor included in the build is a 27 inch 1440p 165hz IPS monitor from ASUS. The high resolution should help make images more crisp and give you more screen real estate to work on your photos. The high refresh rate of 165hz alongside Nvidia's G-Sync technology will make your gaming experience buttery smooth and will pair perfectly with that RTX 2060 Super. The RAM, graphics card and case fans also have RGB, so that's a plus if you're into that. The price of that setup is $1463 after the $20 bundle savings but does not include an OS or taxes, so keep that in mind.

If you already have a monitor, we can allocate more of the budget into performance by upgrading a few components. Here is what I would recommend: https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=2d160baf-df12-4054-8281-0ec2e3a19356. This upgrades the previous build to an 8 core, 12 thread Ryzen 7 3700X and doubles the memory capacity from 16GB to 32GB. It also swaps the RTX 2060 Super to an RTX 2070 Super. I also chose a Gigabyte board and graphics card as they offer a higher quality product in this price range, and should support overclocking if you ever felt the need to do so. This option also doubles the SSD capacity from 512GB to 1TB, and swaps the power supply from a semi-modular bronze efficiency power supply to a fully modular gold power supply. The build is at the limit of your budget, coming in at $1480 after $20 bundle discount and before taxes. As with the first, this one does not include an OS, so if you need an OS, factor that in to the cost.

If you do not have a monitor, I highly recommend the first option. A good monitor is extremely important to your overall experience and matters more than having a faster graphics card or processor. A low-end monitor will bottleneck even the best systems and completely hold your performance back, making everything feel slow or look washed out. If you do have a monitor, make sure it's a high refresh rate panel with great color accuracy and a VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) technology such as FreeSync or G-Sync.

If you have any questions, please let us know!
  • TheITDad
    Options
    Assuming you don't have a monitor that is up to snuff for the build I included one but if you do, feel free to remove it and throw that money into more ram, or an x470/570 and possibly a gold certified power supply.  Enjoy!

https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=2d088d39-5839-41d7-8945-04dda3e024c3
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99