1. At the log
in screen, click the power button at
the bottom right. Hold down shift on
the keyboard and then click Restart.
2. At the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot.
3. Click on Advanced Options.
4. Click on Startup Settings. Note: If you don't see this, click on see more recovery options and you should see it now in the options. This change came with later builds of Windows 10.
5. Click Restart on the Startup Settings screen.
7. The computer will restart and come up to a screen with a list. On the
keyboard, tap 5 or F5 for Enable Safe
Mode with Networking.
using the administrator account. Please note that you have to input a text password here. No previous PIN password or biometric login will work here. You are now in safe mode.
9. Once in
safe mode, click on the Windows icon and select Settings.
10. In the Settings menu, click Apps.
11. Find McAfee or Norton in the list, click on the
program, and select Uninstall. This may take some time before uninstalling fully. After uninstallation, it should prompt you to restart. Restart your computer to get back into regular Windows.
Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase
See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done
Services starting at $149.99