How to open the On-Screen Keyboard without another keyboard in Windows 10
Here are the steps on how to open the On-Screen keyboard:
1. Right click on the Start button, typically found at the lower left corner of the screen, then click on Settings from the list of options.
2. From the Windows Settings pop-up screen that appears, select Ease of Access.
3. On the Settings page that opens, scroll down on the left side under "Ease of Access". Locate the “Interaction” header and select Keyboard from the list of options here.
4. The Keyboard options will appear. Under “Use the On-screen Keyboard”, click the slider to turn the keyboard On.
5. The On-Screen Keyboard will appear. It can be closed by clicking the slider in Settings again to turn it Off, or clicking the X to close the window at the top right of the keyboard.