Gigabyte Z390M, i5-9600k, and EVGA 650 G+ power connections - New build

Options
Hi, I'm stuck. I'm trying to figure out how to connect the psu to the mobo. The mobo has 1)ATX_12v_2x2 and 1)ATX_12v_2x4. I plan on OC'ing the cpu at some point after I get this up and running 100% so not sure what cables go where. I'm assuming CPU1 and CPU2 ports on the psu will be used, but the 8 pin cables marked cpu don't fit. What am I missing? Can anyone please help? Thanks in advance.
steveHD

Comments

• Coneyman3
    Options
    I’d read the motherboard manual and PSU manual. But you need to make sure you are using the correct cables. The ATX should be pretty straight forward as these pins really only fit in one spot. Make sure the CPU 4+4 is going to the board, likely, in the top left, PCIe 6+2 is going to the GPU card, if applicable. If needed you will use the other 4+4 and plug it into the motherboard, plugging fully into the PSU, but the motherboard may only require only one part of the 4+4. I hope this helps. Please give an update.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    You only need to have the 2x4 CPU power connection plugged in to get it to boot. You can use the extra 2x2 if you're planning on overclocking and your CPU has high power draw, however you should be able to overclock the 9600k even without using the 2x2 connection. 

Make sure you have the CPU power cables facing the right direction. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99