Wyze Cam V2 - Webcam FAQ

Options

What can I do to improve the quality of my Microphone?

1. From our experiences it seems most folks have not switched to the mic on the camera.  Please make sure you adjust your sound input device.

2. Adjust the level of your sound input.  We found +2dB to be the sweet spot for our office, but your mileage may vary.

3. Try moving the camera to a more favorable position.  Be mindful of where the mic is located and point it toward yourself.

4. Try listening to yourself by checking the listen to device option in sound settings.  If you sound ok to you, but not to others it could be a problem with your network, their network, or the software being used. 

What can I do to improve the quality of the video?

1. Try switching from WiFi to wired Ethernet. 

2. Try pulling up a camera app on your device.  OBS would work and see if you look good on your system.  If the problem is not present on your device there may be an issue with what you're streaming, your viewers are downloading, or the software handling the video.

3. Adjust the lighting in your area and move the camera to get the best results.

What can I do if the camera is not connecting to the PC?

1. Try connecting your camera to the included power adapter alongside the USB A cable. 

2. Power cycle the camera/computer.

3. Try reflashing the firmware and try again.  

4. If you were using the camera as an IP cam before see if that is still working.  If it is then the firmware was not flashed properly.  

5. Try another USB A cable.

6. Try another device.

I can’t seem to get the firmware to flash.  What can I do?

1. Try formatting and reloading the firmware on the microSD card.

2. Try another microSD card.

3. Try another computer to load the firmware on the microSD card.

What will my camera be called?

It will be called HD USB Camera.

More information can be found at: https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041605111

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99