First time PC Help

Options
Hello, I just wondered if any of you nice people can configure a PC build of a budget around $800-1200.
This would be my first PC and I just need advice on certain price efficiencies and where to put the majority of my income. I'm looking to play fps shooters like tarkov, CS, and other MOBA's. Any advice on which graphics card selection would be good for a first machine would be great and areas where I don't need to maximize income would be appreciated. Kinda confused on cooling/fan systems and whats the best cooling for a $1100 computer.
Thanks for the help

Comments

• Also, do motherboards need to somewhat specific to a CPU?
  • Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options
    Greetings! We can look into that with you. Do you already have a monitor / peripherals or would you be looking to include them in the cost of your budget? 

As for your motherboard question, the main thing to look out for would be to match up an Intel motherboard with an Intel CPU / AMD motherboard with an AMD processor.
  • https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx
    So here is my first build that is included with a monitor/mouse. 
    I'm not sure if this exact monitor is needed. I know 144 hz. is great to have. But I am willing to operate near 60-75 and upgrade to 144 later. 
    But on the graphics/motherboard/CPU I am not sure if utilizing my full potential including all other parts. 
    I did see the 2060 Super by Nvidia and it seems to be a good jump in price/performance for not being a super expensive card. 
    Any advice/help on that build that can maximize performance within a budget is super helpful. 
    Thank you so much. 
  • Ian
    Ian admin
    Options
    That link doesn't work properly for us to look at. To get a shareable link, on that page, click the Share option then pick the URL option and re-post that link please. Thank you!

• Ian
    Ian admin
    Options
    Thank you for that, are you set on keeping the Intel processor/motherboard or just looking for any recommendations around the $1100 mark in general? 
  • Not ultimately set. I just chose this based off approval rating through reviews. A better recommendation processor/motherboard would be helpful. 
  • Ian
    Ian admin
    Options
    Not ultimately set. I just chose this based off approval rating through reviews. A better recommendation processor/motherboard would be helpful. 
    I would recommend switching to AMD at this price point. You can ditch having to use water cooling and use the money towards a better processor that's just about $40 more and gain a fair bit of performance compared to the selected i5 prior. Since you had an mATX case picked out, I picked an mATX am4 motherboard to pair with it. Besides that everything looks good in this price range. The overall price changing those items dropped it overall about $25.

If you wanted you could get a 144hz monitor for a little more than the currently picked Dell monitor, or if you wanted to invest more you could look into the next tier up of graphics cards but at the price this is very solid.

Here is the build info -
    CPU: (1) AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Matisse 3.6GHz 6-Core AM4 Boxed Processor with Wraith Stealth Cooler ($159.99 EACH)
    Motherboard: (1) ASUS B450M-A/CSM Prime AMD AM4 mATX Motherboard ($79.99 EACH)
    RAM: (1) Crucial Ballistix Gaming 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 CL16 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit BL2K8G32C16U4B - Black ($72.99 EACH)
    Case: (1) Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L mATX Mini Tower Computer Case - Black ($49.99 EACH)
    Power Supply: (1) Thermaltake Smart BX1 550 Watt 80 Plus Bronze ATX Non-Modular Power Supply ($54.99 EACH)
    Video Card: (1) MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Ventus XS Overclocked Dual-Fan 6GB GDDR6 PCIe 3.0 Video Card ($274.99 EACH)
    2.5" SSD: (1) Inland Premium 256 GB 3D QLC NAND SATA 3.0 6GB/s 2.5" Internal SSD ($32.99 EACH)
    Hard Drive: (1) Seagate BarraCuda 1TB 7200RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 3.5" OEM Internal Hard Drive ($45.99 EACH)
    Operating System: (1) Microsoft Microsoft Windows 10 Home 32/64-Bit - USB ($139.99 EACH)
    Mouse: (1) Logitech G G203 Prodigy Gaming Mouse - Black ($29.99 EACH)
    Monitors: (1) Dell SE2417HGX 23.6" Full HD 75Hz HDMI VGA FreeSync LED Monitor ($119.99 EACH)
    Case Fans: (1) Bitspower Touchaqua Notos RGB 120mm Case Fan ($9.99 EACH)
    Total: $1,071.88
  • Thank you so much! I really appreciate the time you have put in to help me. 
  • Ian
    Ian admin
    Options
    You're welcome, let us know if you have any other questions
  • Would a 80 plus gold power supply just be more efficient to the system or is the bronze all that I need within this mid tier build? 
  • Ian
    Ian admin
    Options
    Would a 80 plus gold power supply just be more efficient to the system or is the bronze all that I need within this mid tier build? 
    The bronze is fine for the parts suggested. A higher end video card may require a upgrade at power supply if anything.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99