Will this memory work with Ryzen 5 2600X & Asrock B450 PRO4?

Options
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 CL16 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit CMK32GX4M2E3200 - SKU 046201
I'm a little confused by the buffered/unbuffered/registered and the Single Rank/Dual Rank in the Pinnacle Ridge memory section of the motherborad manual. Also the frequency number don't match, so I assume its ok to use memory that is faster (3200) then the operation frequency of 2933?

Comments

• TZ80
    Options
    If I install 4x16GB for a total of 64GB the motherboard Pinnacle chart shows three different rows with memory in all four slots:
    SR       SR       SR       SR - 2933
    SR/DR  DR   SR/DR   DR - 2667
    SR/DR SR/DR SR/DR SR/DR 2133-2400
    Is this chart showing what kind of memory combinations will work, or what the hardware negotiation results will be?

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    You can run RAM at lower speeds than it's rated for. By default most motherboards will run DDR4 at 2133 or 2400 until you enable the XMP setting anyway. The advertised speeds on the memory are just what the manufacturer is stating it will reliably run at if the rest of your hardware can as well.

The board manual is stating what the maximum supported frequency of the memory is in those configurations. Now that doesn't mean you can't run the memory at higher speeds than those configurations listed, but you'll be overclocking and there's no guarantee of stability if you do push higher speeds.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99